Roasting Brussels sprouts is my favorite way to prepare them. I especially like the crunchy outside leaves.
1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Asiago (or parmesan)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Place sprouts, olive oil, garlic, balsamic, salt and pepper in bowl and mix well. Pour onto a baking sheet and place on center oven rack.
- Roast for 30 to 45 minutes, stir occasionally for even browning.
- Once evenly browned, remove from oven, toss with Asiago cheese and serve immediately.